Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The interaction of living organisms with magnetic fields.
- ‘Click on the above for other options relating to this Magnetic shielding apparatus and biomagnetism measuring device patent application.’
- ‘As we shall see, both of these have a close affinity with the principles of biomagnetism.’
- ‘Professor Vieth's distinguished career in biomagnetism began in January 1987, when a BTi single-channel recording system was installed.’
- ‘In the last part of his life he studied biomagnetism and dowsing which reduced his standing in the eyes of many of his colleagues.’
- ‘Major events in biomagnetism attended by many members of this group are the Biomag conference held every two years (next meeting is Biomag 2008 in Sapporo) and Human Brain Mapping (next is HBM 2007 in Chicago in June).’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.