One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An organism whose status in an ecosystem is analyzed as an indication of the ecosystem's heath.
- ‘According to Hoham, the Colgate biologist, snow algae also serve as bioindicators.’
- ‘Raptors can play an important role as bioindicators of habitat quality and pollution.’
- ‘Burger and Gochfeld provide a thorough discussion of the utility and limitations of using seabirds as bioindicators of pollutants.’
- ‘We will then observe the use of the systems in a prairie plot where the subjects attempt to identify all PrairieWatch bioindicators.’
- ‘In conclusion, it should be emphasized that E. complanata is of value as a freshwater bioindicator of xenobiotic contamination.’
- ‘Read about Bill Baker's research into lichen-rock interface biology or the use of lichens and lichen-feeding moths as bioindicators of air pollution.’
- ‘Such data are necessary in order to explore the function of the HSR in the natural environment and to explore the utility of physiological measures as possible bioindicators.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.