One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Gaseous fuel, especially methane, produced by the fermentation of organic matter.
- ‘Utilization of manure implies providing an economic return from manure by use of its nutrient elements as a fertilizer or by converting it to biogas or compost that may increase its value, or by combustion to convert it to heat.’
- ‘It was found that they successfully exploited solar energy, developed large-scale integrated utilisation of biogas, and brought in better kinds of stoves that led to saving of energy.’
- ‘India has to develop energy based on gas, coal, bio-mass, biogas, water and non-conventional sources, depending on the availability and feasibility.’
- ‘These include groundwater heat pumps, fuel cells, solar thermal and photovoltaic panels, new fuels such as hydrogen, biomass, biogas, or bio-oil, and shared energy storage systems.’
- ‘Another wildlife biologist, Wijeyamohan of the University of Jaffna, Sri Lanka, designed a system to produce biogas from elephant waste for use as a cooking fuel.’
- ‘The colossal amount of animal manure produced will be used for generating biogas and as fertiliser.’
- ‘The schools will soon have new and better-ventilated structures for cooking the meals, where the fire will be fueled by…… biogas, from new toilets.’
- ‘These digesters help prevent deforestation, since biogas rather than wood is used for cooking.’
- ‘A good CNG infrastructure is available in several other markets already today and the environmental benefits with CNG, including biogas as a renewable methane source, are a strong argument for using methane products, ie CNG and biogas.’
- ‘But India's government may not have a choice but to keep pushing for the wider use of biogas and other alternative fuels.’
- ‘Living in eastern Canada, Tave van Zyl is used to very cold winters, which sparked her interest in renewable sources of heat - specifically methane, or biogas.’
- ‘The issue is not what they use - fuel wood, agricultural waste, biogas, or something else - but that it should be available in quantities that make a difference to their lives.’
- ‘From an engineering perspective, the plant is well designed, incorporating features to minimize maintenance and even generate revenue through production of biogas and fertilizer.’
- ‘Substituting LPG with more efficient and cheaper fuels such as biogas of firewood can minimise the escalating costs.’
- ‘Across the country, farm manure and kitchen garbage are delivered to biogas plants that produce uniform fertilizer and a methane fuel burned cleanly at power plants.’
- ‘Using our technology in exploiting biogas will improve production by 60 per cent from the same quantity of material.’
- ‘Some cleaning is also required but digesters exist that produce sufficiently clean biogas for conventional engine cogenerators, as well as a high grade compost for agricultural purposes.’
- ‘Another creative idea of the time saw 80 council vehicles powered by biogas produced at the Christchurch sewage plant.’
- ‘Several cities, including the Austrian city of Graz, have already made the move to either biodiesel or biogas public transportation systems.’
- ‘The hydrogen sulfide in biogas is also hazardous.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.