Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A process whereby electronic monitoring of a normally automatic bodily function is used to train someone to acquire voluntary control of that function.
- ‘Some are investigating alternative therapies, such as acupuncture or biofeedback.’
- ‘As a result, the patient may attempt to function without biofeedback or may rely primarily on pharmacologic interventions.’
- ‘The heart rate monitor will give you biofeedback as good as a laboratory, allowing you to train smarter rather than longer or harder’
- ‘Randomized controlled trial of biofeedback for fecal incontinence.’
- ‘Other forms of incontinence benefit from pelvic floor exercise monitored by biofeedback.’
- ‘The results of this study support the efficacy of EEG biofeedback training in an inpatient drug treatment program.’
- ‘You may also want to try massage therapy, acupuncture or biofeedback.’
- ‘Relaxation training paired with thermal biofeedback is effective in tension and migraine headache treatment.’
- ‘Relaxation therapy, biofeedback, and cognitive therapy are likely to be useful in selected patients who have confidence in these approaches.’
- ‘Counseling, stress management, and behavior therapies such as biofeedback should be strongly considered.’
- ‘In terms of BFRT however, not all types of biofeedback have had successful effects with asthma control.’
- ‘Then I was instructed to inhibit this behaviour by electromyographic biofeedback.’
- ‘Nontraditional therapies such as acupuncture, biofeedback, and relaxation training may be used alone or in combination whenever appropriate.’
- ‘Urge incontinence is commonly treated with medications, biofeedback or electrical stimulation to the nerves that control the bladder.’
- ‘Music, massage, imagery, progressive muscle relaxation, biofeedback, and therapeutic touch are a few examples.’
- ‘One study evaluated paced respiration, muscle relaxation, or biofeedback control in 33 menopausal women with frequent hot flashes.’
- ‘Burgio and colleagues compared the effectiveness of behavior training with and without biofeedback in the treatment of urge urinary incontinence in older women.’
- ‘You can receive biofeedback training in physical therapy clinics, medical centers and hospitals.’
- ‘If anxiety is felt to be the predominant cause, consider referring her to mental health services for cognitive behaviour therapy or biofeedback.’
- ‘Lamaze classes aid in preparation; hypnosis, acupuncture, and biofeedback are also used.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.