Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[treated as singular] The ethics of medical and biological research.
- ‘Later programs will be involved with medicine and bioethics, with art and culture, and with our history.’
- ‘In their eyes, the destiny of bioethicists is to sit on bioethics committees and set public policy.’
- ‘Elliott intertwines his discussion of enhancement technologies with an examination of important issues in bioethics and philosophy.’
- ‘The ends of human life: bioethics in a liberal polity.’
- ‘Most respondents regarded the bioethics law as a cause of the recent decrease of autopsy rate.’
- ‘The articles are a smattering of bioethics and bioengineering, astronomy, epidemiology, and environmental issues.’
- ‘Even more troubling, though, is the indifference the council has shown to what neuroscience tells us about bioethics itself.’
- ‘A narrow clinical bioethics cannot address these larger social issues.’
- ‘Among the warnings voiced at the conference was one by Xu Zhi-Wei, a professor of molecular biology, medicine and bioethics.’
- ‘Members of this group have expertise in clinical medicine, research, journalism, bioethics, law, or medical editing.’
- ‘So far you've heard from Boyer Lecturers in the areas of the law, of philosophy, of population and social change, and of medicine and bioethics.’
- ‘This has led to productive dialogue between (for example) medical sociology, bioethics, and the medical humanities.’
- ‘So, for anyone out there sceptical about the relevance of bioethics, these two books demonstrate the wide scope of ethical considerations in medicine.’
- ‘What issues belong at the top of the agenda in bioethics?’
- ‘Even in bioethics, the trend is toward procedure rather than substance.’
- ‘The recent discipline of bioethics has grown up largely outside medicine and has developed principles of its own.’
- ‘Understanding and utilizing the principles of bioethics will enable nurses to do just that.’
- ‘In France, the 1994 bioethics law requires physicians to inform relatives before performing an autopsy.’
- ‘Later programs will deal with population and social change, with medical research and bioethics, with art and culture, and with our history.’
- ‘However, the very name of the council suggests that it is supposed to have an expansive agenda encompassing issues in bioethics.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.