One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
treated as singular The branch of science concerned with the application of biological materials and processes in electronics, or the use of electronic devices in living systems.
- ‘While biomedical and life sciences applications accounted for 99% of the biosensor and other bioelectronics market in 2003, their marketshare is projected to slip slightly to 97% by 2009.’
- ‘The development of DNA detection by electronic amplification is expected to be critical to the field of bioelectronics and have applications in the computing, gene analysis, tissue matching, and forensic fields.’
- ‘Future applications of bioelectronic systems may include computation devices and prosthetic units.’
- ‘The need for biosensors in this field must be analyzed more critically, to assess in which direction the developing biosensor technology can be most effectively aimed and which areas need a more focused approach from basic research in bioelectronics.’
- ‘Leading medical research into bioelectronics is focusing on diagnosis, detection and monitoring of medical conditions.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.