One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The conversion of organic matter, such as animal or plant waste, into a source of energy through the action of microorganisms.
- ‘Using microorganisms for bioconversion of agricultural commodities to high-value products offers the potential for increased income to farmers.’
- ‘The bioconversion to scopolamine was highest when 100 mg l - 1 hyoscyamine was used.’
- ‘One of our objectives is to identify as many as possible proteins involved in the anaerobic bioconversion of glycerol.’
- ‘For instance, industrial bioconversion processes require high-density, heterogeneous catalysts, permitting high activities over extended time periods while tolerating a range of operating conditions.’
- ‘The scientists' approach is called bioconversion, a process that uses certain microorganisms or enzymes to reposition groups of hydroxy fatty acids on chains of carbon in vegetable oils.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.