One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to the interrelation of climate and the activities and distribution of living organisms.
- ‘That area is representative of the black spruce-moss bioclimatic domain, with gently rolling terrain composed of 4 to 5% slopes.’
- ‘In much of the North American literature, ‘polar desert’ refers to a vegetation type rather than a bioclimatic zone, i.e., to barren areas.’
- ‘Sites were selected randomly beforehand using the results of the winter pasture inventory, and they cover the different bioclimatic vegetation zones evenly.’
- ‘In awarding him the 1999 Auguste Perret Prize, the International Union of Architects said, ‘Ken Yeang pioneered the application of bioclimatic principles to the highrise building as a new genre of the skyscraper typology.’’
- ‘The extent of predation on nests of bee-eaters is particularly significant in light of bioclimatic models that predict a rapidly increasing distribution of cane toads in Australia.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.