Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The study of bones and other biological materials found in archaeological remains in order to provide information about human life or the environment in the past.‘he recommended that the skeletons be reinterred after being studied by experts in bioarchaeology’
- ‘Complementing the historical data are the resources of archaeology and my own specialty, bioarchaeology.’
- ‘This book offers for the first time a global perspective on the bioarchaeology of the transition to agriculture.’
- ‘Martin Jones has been at the forefront of bioarchaeology as the subject has matured in the 1980s and 1990s.’
- ‘Bioarchaeology is beginning to fill in the details of the historical record, offering specifics about how food sources changed.’
- ‘DNA analysis in bioarchaeology is still in its infancy, but promises to be a powerful tool for identification of population history.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.