One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Watch multiple episodes of (a television program) in rapid succession, typically by means of DVDs or digital streaming.‘you can binge-watch the entire season with this set’
- ‘Newcomers might be best advised to binge-view the series to catch up.’
- ‘Now viewers will be able to choose to watch one episode each day or binge-view some or all of that week's shows.’
- ‘Harris tried to binge-watch the latest television season to catch up.’
- ‘The most likely to binge-watch the show were 18- to 34-year-old viewers.’
- ‘People who binge-watch entire seasons of their favourite TV shows are more likely to exercise while watching.’
- ‘More people are binge-watching their favorite shows thanks to video streaming.’
- ‘It encourages subscribers to binge-watch more episodes.’
- ‘It'd be nice if we could binge-watch the earlier seasons before the show runs out of gas.’
- ‘If you're so lazy to have not taken the 13 hours to binge-watch this yet, it's not my fault.’
- ‘Get ready to binge-watch some '80s classics.’
1990s: on the pattern of binge-drink, binge-eat.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.