One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
phrasal verbNorth American
Cast off in knitting.
- ‘She scans the Craigslist Arts Forum for advice about casting on and binding off and the other unfathomable stuff you do with yarn.’
- ‘The shoulders have been short-rowed shaped and bound off using 3 needle bind-off.’
- ‘Draw the first stitch up and over the second stitch and completely off the needle. You have now bound off one stitch.’
- ‘I did just enough rounds to get the size I wanted, bound off, knit a second one, and stitched them together (don't ask me what stitch I used because I stink at finishing and I just sort of looped the stitches along all around the outside).’
- ‘I just bound off some stitches for the armholes… so it is coming along as well.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.