One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A coding system using the binary digits 0 and 1 to represent a letter, digit, or other character in a computer or other electronic device.
- ‘As we labored over the disassembled kernel, we found an odd bit of repetitive binary code.’
- ‘So most of the MAPI properties programmers tag wind up as binary code they would not recognize.’
- ‘Method for fast execution of translated binary code utilizing database cache for low-level code correspondence’
- ‘The first, for a school for electrical engineers at Valence, resulted in a facade graphic of binary code digits, heat-bonded onto glass sun-screens.’
- ‘Adleman realized that the genetic code can be used, just like the binary code of computer science, to encode mathematical problems.’
- ‘Here, a division of the world in two groups is made, with binary code as a symbol for computer knowledge as the distinguishing characteristic.’
- ‘Experts differ on whether the primary focus for security should source code or binary code.’
- ‘The company does say that it's giving ‘free access to the Solaris source and end-user binary code,’ and it also says it will no longer charge a licence fee for the use of runtime software on systems with eight processors or fewer.’
- ‘The cost of Windows without IE would also have to be reduced in proportion the reduction in binary code size.’
- ‘The image is digitised into binary code and saved as a computer file.’
- ‘Examples of this are ASCII text for e-mail, word processing, spreadsheets, etc., or computer OS executable binary code.’
- ‘In themselves, electronic texts have no materiality, existing as patterns of binary code stored on floppy disks, CD-ROMs, hard drives, zip drives or Internet servers.’
- ‘A ‘bit’ in normal computer chips can only encode data as one of two possibilities: either a one or a zero - the numbers that make up binary code.’
- ‘It's well known that computers transmit information digitally, using binary code: ones and zeros.’
- ‘Developers must translate most software from PowerPC to x86 binary code.’
- ‘Boxes are required to translate the digital binary code back to analog signals for viewing.’
- ‘Code Morphing turns binary code into an undecipherable mess that is not similar to normal compiled code, and completely hides execution logic of the protected code.’
- ‘Another is that it uses a process called ‘preparation by compilation’ which effectively means that SQL is compiled into binary code and then held in memory, where it can be (re-) executed as required.’
- ‘Lynn said he worked with reverse-engineered binary code - 1s and 0s - which is much harder to piece together, but he did it.’
- ‘In an attempt to find order in chaos, network defenders across the globe took on the Honeynet Project's Reverse Challenge - to analyse and decipher binary code captured in the wild…’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.