One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Having or consisting of two lobes.
- ‘Definitely ends of such units show only a ventral furrow and traces of continuous burrowing are always bilobed.’
- ‘The posterior edge of the frontal is bilobate owing to the strongly notched exit of the supraorbital canal on to the parietal.’
- ‘Type B genes are expressed particularly in the leaflike regions on both sides in the bilobed cephalic ganglion.’
- ‘It is bilobate, divided by a moderately deep anteromedian groove.’
- ‘The cell is 12 to 15 m in diameter and usually has a bilobed nucleus.’
- ‘House 8, a large bilobate semi-subterranean structure, dates approximately between A.D. 1850 and 1900.’
- ‘Initial ultrasound examination shows a large bilobed mass straddling both lobes of the liver with displacement, but not occlusion, of intrahepatic vessels.’
- ‘By weeks 6-7 the characteristic bilobed structure can be distinguished.’
- ‘The uppermost cell in a colony has a conical episome; the bottom cell in a colony has a bilobed hyposome.’
- ‘Pistil morphology in almond is characterized by a circular, bilobed stigmatic surface that expands slightly in a fan-like manner beyond an elongated and cylindrical style.’
- ‘Could the quadrilateral, bilobate, two-platform ground plan of H1 and its plank floor correspond to a structure from that earlier, initial Thule occupation, on top of which early Classic Thule people settled during the 13 th century?’
- ‘Oil gland bilobed and tufted (except in Tanysiptera)’
- ‘For the bilobed species, all data presented are from the upper lobe.’
- ‘Within the spectrum of trace fossils represented in the Kessyusa Formation there is a gradation from three-lobed shallow burrows to fully submerged burrows with a round cross-section to horizontal trails with a bilobed lower surface.’
- ‘The distal end bears nine very short filaments, each terminating in a bilobed anther.’
- ‘It is not easy to reconcile vertically and horizontally bilobed sheets with any normal mode of organism activity and it is possible that inorganic processes may have modified the structure.’
- ‘A semicircular alcove (east alcove) enlarges the central space of H5 - W, making the contours of this dwelling bilobate, whereas the central space of H5 - E is merely widened by a small niche in the east wall.’
- ‘Some show a series of V-shaped markings indicating movement on the surface; others consist of elongated bilobed trails, convex down and with oblique striations formed by the legs, which are probably related to burrowing activity.’
- ‘A naidid's body is nearly transparent, allowing easy viewing of its inner workings: its bilobed brain, its pulsating blood vessels, its muscles and stomach, and even its lunch are plainly visible to anyone who cares to look.’
- ‘In spite of this, Chen et al. claim that the rostral part of the brain was bilobed.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.