Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A typically large weevil that feeds on various grasses and grains.
- ‘Treat both chinch bug and billbug with Dursban.’
- ‘The endophytes make Turf Alive! lawns invulnerable to webworms, billbugs, armyworms, cutworms, aphids and some weevils.’
- ‘As its name implies, Cruiser Extreme Pak BB / CRW has a higher insecticide rate, which adds control of billbug and corn rootworm.’
- ‘If oblong holes in the leaves are detected and the pest is not found, the damage is probably from billbugs.’
- ‘Billbugs have been reported as serious pests of lawns and other turf areas since the late 1800's’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.