Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A typically large weevil that feeds on various grasses and grains.
- ‘As its name implies, Cruiser Extreme Pak BB / CRW has a higher insecticide rate, which adds control of billbug and corn rootworm.’
- ‘The endophytes make Turf Alive! lawns invulnerable to webworms, billbugs, armyworms, cutworms, aphids and some weevils.’
- ‘If oblong holes in the leaves are detected and the pest is not found, the damage is probably from billbugs.’
- ‘Treat both chinch bug and billbug with Dursban.’
- ‘Billbugs have been reported as serious pests of lawns and other turf areas since the late 1800's’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.