One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Fluency in or use of two languages.‘his proficient bilingualism’‘earlier ads' playful bilingualism’
- ‘Are conscious attempts for bilingualism really advantageous for the child?’
- ‘By fostering individual bilingualism in anglophones, the program would also eventually produce qualified applicants for civil service positions.’
- ‘Where they differed was in their association of bilingualism to specific languages.’
- ‘Bilingualism underscores the role of language effects in creating an ethnic aesthetic.’
- ‘While there is little doubt that English is the preferred language in this area, bilingualism is also commonplace.’
- ‘The belief that bilingualism confuses the mind and retards cognitive development is false.’
- ‘The author's bilingualism is unambiguously inseparable from her self-identity.’
- ‘Bilingualism is especially common among young, urbanized, professional Puerto Ricans.’
- ‘Even more controversial was the government policy that carried bilingualism a step further.’
- ‘Measuring attitudes toward bilingualism is a complex endeavor.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.