One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The duct that conveys bile from the liver and the gallbladder to the duodenum.
- ‘The passage of a gallstone down the bile duct into the duodenum is very painful, and is known as biliary colic.’
- ‘This leads to the compression of the common hepatic duct or the common bile duct (Mirizzi's syndrome).’
- ‘The gallbladder and its cystic duct join the hepatic duct to form the common bile duct, which drains into the lumen of the duodenum.’
- ‘A tenth of those with gallbladder stones will also have them in the common bile duct which complicates gallbladder surgery.’
- ‘Gallstones are hard pieces of stone-like material, round, oval, or faceted, commonly occurring in the gall bladder or the bile duct.’
- ‘In a normal study, images of the gallbladder, common bile duct and small bowel appear within 30 to 45 minutes.’
- ‘Radiologic studies today tell us that her common bile duct is not dilated and that the pancreas looks normal.’
- ‘The common hepatic is almost always located between the bile duct and the portal vein.’
- ‘Findings consistent with a partial occlusion of the common bile duct include delayed biliary to bowel transit.’
- ‘An ultrasound displays the gallbladder, pancreas, common bile duct, and other abdominal structures.’
- ‘Gallstones can migrate from their primary site of origin in the gallbladder through the cystic duct and into the common bile duct.’
- ‘Currently, physicians use ERCP to diagnose and treat liver, gallbladder, bile duct, and pancreas problems.’
- ‘This time it was in four parts of my liver, the gall bladder and the bile duct.’
- ‘The optimal treatment is to remove the stones in both the common bile duct and the gall bladder.’
- ‘The common bile duct and the main pancreatic duct coursing within the tumor showed no dysplastic features.’
- ‘The common and right hepatic arteries provide the common bile duct with its blood supply.’
- ‘Stones may migrate from the gall bladder into the bile duct.’
- ‘The basket and stone pop out of the bile duct into the duodenum.’
- ‘The duct from the pancreas enters the duodenum at the same point as the bile duct.’
- ‘A wide array of laboratory and radiologic studies is used for the evaluation of gallstones located in the gallbladder and the common bile duct.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.