Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The area of skin around the edge of the bottom half of a bikini (used especially with reference to the cosmetic removal of the pubic hair in this area)
- ‘Treatment for the bikini line is $250 a shot and you need four to six treatments depending on the thickness of your hair.’
- ‘If it weren't for you, my faithful readers, I would have left after ten minutes and had my bikini line waxed.’
- ‘If you must, just shave your bikini line for now.’
- ‘REALLY, REALLY not recommended for the bikini line…’
- ‘But the question that always eludes me is what you talk about while having your bikini line waxed.’
- ‘Shaving can also result in ingrown hairs, especially in the bikini line area, which as every woman knows, ingrown hairs hurt!’
- ‘It's also good for the bikini line, since results last longer than shaving and itchy re-growth is less of an issue.’
- ‘‘Hair can appear around the vagina, throughout the bikini line and down your thighs,’ says Dr. Upright.’
- ‘I mean, who has time to wax their bikini line and spritz their cellulite when there are children to be fed and EastEnders to watch?’
- ‘Cover the area with water and coat with a generous layer of lathered shaving cream - try a cream specifically for the bikini line.’
- ‘We also have patients who want hair removed along their bikini line so this is a common area of treatment for us, as well.’
- ‘For a while, I shaved my bikini line along with my legs and armpits, mostly to stave off ridicule during junior high gym class and swimming.’
- ‘If you shave your bikini line, skip the moisturizer and dab on an anti bacterial cream instead.’
- ‘We men usually prefer to shave or clip, but when it comes to the bikini line, waxing seems to be pretty popular with the ladies.’
- ‘Your doctor may use multiple treatments to target areas such as the face, upper lip, neck, chest, breasts, underarms, back, abdomen, bikini line and legs.’
- ‘Shaving and even the elastic of your underwear rubbing against your bikini line can cause bumps.’
- ‘I was so busy arranging my towel and wondering what it felt like to have a proper bikini line that I hadn't checked what was on the television screen directly in front of me.’
- ‘Waxing: Results last longer than shaving - weeks instead of days - and is best for larger areas such as arms and the bikini line.’
- ‘Oh yes and the quote came from US player and golf commentator Gary McCord who angered Augusta National members with his infamous quip about the greens being as smooth as a bikini line!’
- ‘Also, it's a good idea to wear an inexpensive pair of underwear (closest to the bikini line you want) so the esthetician can use it as a guide.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.