One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The area of skin around the edge of the bottom half of a bikini (used especially with reference to the cosmetic removal of the pubic hair in this area).
- ‘I was so busy arranging my towel and wondering what it felt like to have a proper bikini line that I hadn't checked what was on the television screen directly in front of me.’
- ‘We men usually prefer to shave or clip, but when it comes to the bikini line, waxing seems to be pretty popular with the ladies.’
- ‘Your doctor may use multiple treatments to target areas such as the face, upper lip, neck, chest, breasts, underarms, back, abdomen, bikini line and legs.’
- ‘Oh yes and the quote came from US player and golf commentator Gary McCord who angered Augusta National members with his infamous quip about the greens being as smooth as a bikini line!’
- ‘Waxing: Results last longer than shaving - weeks instead of days - and is best for larger areas such as arms and the bikini line.’
- ‘Also, it's a good idea to wear an inexpensive pair of underwear (closest to the bikini line you want) so the esthetician can use it as a guide.’
- ‘Treatment for the bikini line is $250 a shot and you need four to six treatments depending on the thickness of your hair.’
- ‘I mean, who has time to wax their bikini line and spritz their cellulite when there are children to be fed and EastEnders to watch?’
- ‘It's also good for the bikini line, since results last longer than shaving and itchy re-growth is less of an issue.’
- ‘‘Hair can appear around the vagina, throughout the bikini line and down your thighs,’ says Dr. Upright.’
- ‘Shaving and even the elastic of your underwear rubbing against your bikini line can cause bumps.’
- ‘REALLY, REALLY not recommended for the bikini line…’
- ‘If it weren't for you, my faithful readers, I would have left after ten minutes and had my bikini line waxed.’
- ‘Cover the area with water and coat with a generous layer of lathered shaving cream - try a cream specifically for the bikini line.’
- ‘For a while, I shaved my bikini line along with my legs and armpits, mostly to stave off ridicule during junior high gym class and swimming.’
- ‘But the question that always eludes me is what you talk about while having your bikini line waxed.’
- ‘If you shave your bikini line, skip the moisturizer and dab on an anti bacterial cream instead.’
- ‘We also have patients who want hair removed along their bikini line so this is a common area of treatment for us, as well.’
- ‘Shaving can also result in ingrown hairs, especially in the bikini line area, which as every woman knows, ingrown hairs hurt!’
- ‘If you must, just shave your bikini line for now.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.