Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A path or road for bicycles and not motor vehicles.
- ‘I got really good at getting lost, then making a U-turn and getting oriented again, thanks to the prolific road and bike path signs there.’
- ‘On whims, I have gone down to the bike path along the creek (where my sons also row) camera in hand, snapping away as mood and light compels me to.’
- ‘Long term, Struzzi said, a study is underway to possibly relocate the road onto an existing bike path nearer the Allegheny River.’
- ‘Yesterday in Poughkeepsie I search for a bike path along the Hudson River.’
- ‘And, while we're at it, we can save a measly $5,200,000 for cutting out federal funding for a bike path in Cary, a suburb of Raleigh.’
- ‘The good news is that the Route Verte, Quebec's cross-province bike path, a project that has been on a 10-year development plan since 1995, is 75 per cent completed.’
- ‘A woman there breaks her leg when a wave smacks her against a wall - while she's walking along a bike path.’
- ‘One of the first major sights along the bike path are the Totem Poles, imposing in their height and number.’
- ‘A month or so ago, I was in high gear on a bike path when a bird hopped erratically across the path.’
- ‘Today I was riding my bike down St Kilda Road in the bike path when a guy opened his van door and I went straight into it.’
- ‘There was a paved and well-marked bike path alongside the road.’
- ‘I'm strolling along a stretch of riverside bike path when a bicyclist approaches from behind.’
- ‘‘I hope you have pictures,’ said the smiling old woman on the bike path the other day.’
- ‘Improvements also call for a new platform, shelter, a staircase to a nearby bike path and eventually a pedestrian overpass north at Plymouth Farms Road.’
- ‘In the summertime, try Cook County's forest reserve, which offers a great bike path that winds 15 miles through fields and tree-shaded woods.’
- ‘Sometimes it takes two changes of the lights before we can cross the road and that's on a bike path.’
- ‘He promises to invest $1.5-million per year to extend bicycle paths, including completing the bike path around the island.’
- ‘Walked through the woods for more than two hours at a fast clip, stepping quickly along the bike path that wanders through my town.’
- ‘She biked up the main road and than went down a small bike path that brought her by the hospital.’
- ‘If you take a look right behind me here at Central Park, you can see that this is a - it should be a popular bike path.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.