Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘However, as we can envision the geologic processes that have shaped our earth in millennia past by observing the processes in operation today, so too can we imagine the initial human encounters with big trees by observing our own reactions.’
- ‘For now, a shot from our journey to the big trees.’
- ‘Another Oregon big tree hunter drove out and remeasured the state's champ and declared it still the larger of the two trees.’
- ‘Each year, TCI members and instructors from around the country meet here to commune with the big trees and with one another.’
- ‘Big trees are not as hungry for water as coast redwoods.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.