One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Government perceived as excessively interventionist and intruding into all aspects of the lives of its citizens.
- ‘They applaud big government and, indeed, they acknowledge that.’
- ‘It's a good idea to limit the size of the welfare state, but big government is inevitable in modern society.’
- ‘Americans don't trust big government and are reluctant to pay for it.’
- ‘Smith is against big government and bureaucracy, as he believes many open shop workers are.’
- ‘Sources in the PR industry claim big government projects are more lucrative than giving direct advice to ministers.’
- ‘Big government in practice proved less attractive than big government in prospect.’
- ‘I'm opposed to big government and would like to see some sort of co-op system.’
- ‘The hostility of libertarians to big government extended to U.S. involvement in the world.’
- ‘To them, public-spiritedness and unity of purpose are the soil from which big government springs.’
- ‘If so, we may be halfway toward the next popular uprising against big government.’
- ‘Nothing is the one thing that big government is capable of doing quite well.’
- ‘We are as suspicious of big business as we are of big government.’
- ‘Government members believe in big government and they believe in control.’
- ‘Local government will always want more big government spending in their area, more infrastructure, more resources.’
- ‘If you support tax cuts and big government, there's no one left to vote against you.’
- ‘The regret is that this bill represents a regime of big government, State intrusion, compliance costs, and regulation.’
- ‘Doing so would cast some much needed doubt on the stereotype that progressives love big government.’
- ‘But we don't need big government intruding on the sidelines of our God-given football games.’
- ‘However, we must correct these popular fallacies in order to properly address the ills that stem from intervention by big government.’
- ‘What all of them could agree on, however, was the vital importance of big government.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.