Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Extremely large data sets that may be analyzed computationally to reveal patterns, trends, and associations, especially relating to human behavior and interactions.‘much IT investment is going towards managing and maintaining big data’
- ‘Many of the tools are designed for handling big data and incorporate capabilities such as in-memory databases, NoSQL support, data visualization, associative searches, and natural language processing.’
- ‘Open-source source platforms for big data have exploded in popularity.’
- ‘The presentation will provide attendees with insight on how big data is being used to improve and personalize the shopping experience.’
- ‘Massachusetts is home to more than 100 companies that focus on big data.’
- ‘Businesses will harness on-demand supercomputers for analysing growing volumes of big data.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.