One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1Having two functions.
- ‘Rather, the genetic and biochemical analyses suggest that Sun is a bifunctional protein.’
- ‘Whether the functionally independent mutants are the result of mutations in a single bifunctional gene or two separate genes has not been determined.’
- ‘Consequently, these results demonstrate that CS and MeIQx have a bifunctional action, with similar induction patterns of specific CYP proteins, mutagenic activity and UDPGT activity.’
- ‘To the best of our knowledge, there are no previous reports of this type of bifunctional photoactivator.’
- ‘In maize endosperm the pullulanase-type DBE activity is thought to have a bifunctional role, assisting in both starch synthesis and degradation.’
Having two highly reactive binding sites in each molecule.‘bifunctional enzymes retain stable levels of activity’
- ‘It has been suggested that bifunctional molecules like alcohol can penetrate into the hydrophobic core of lys modifying its structural and dynamic properties.’
- ‘The presence of bifunctional chitinase/chitosanase enzymes were only observed in the mycorrhizal part of the root system, showing the localized character of the induction.’
- ‘The interconversion of the bifunctional enzyme is catalyzed by cAMP-dependent protein kinase, which in turn is regulated by circulating peptide hormones.’
- ‘These results suggest that hexokinase is a bifunctional enzyme with catalytic and sugar-sensing activities in plants.’
- ‘Epoxy compounds are highly reactive bifunctional alkylating agents, which may attack and bind covalently to DNA and cause mutagenic events.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.