One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Having two flagella.‘various types of biflagellate spermatozoa’
- ‘It has been suggested that the small DNA amounts and low C-value variation are linked to the biflagellate nature of bryophyte sperm cells.’
- ‘Around 2000 biflagellate somatic cells are uniformly distributed over the surface of a transparent gelatinous sphere, with 16 larger asexual reproductive cells, known as gonidia, lying beneath the surface.’
- ‘Flagellar length in the unicellular, biflagellate, green alga Chlamydomonas reinhardtii is tightly regulated.’
- ‘The unicellular biflagellate green alga Chlamydomonas reinhardtii can perceive light and respond by altering its swimming behavior.’
- ‘Once the reproductive phase has been completed, the daughter cells differentiate as biflagellate cells, escape from the mother-cell wall, and swim away.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.