One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Having two flagella.‘various types of biflagellate spermatozoa’
- ‘Around 2000 biflagellate somatic cells are uniformly distributed over the surface of a transparent gelatinous sphere, with 16 larger asexual reproductive cells, known as gonidia, lying beneath the surface.’
- ‘It has been suggested that the small DNA amounts and low C-value variation are linked to the biflagellate nature of bryophyte sperm cells.’
- ‘Once the reproductive phase has been completed, the daughter cells differentiate as biflagellate cells, escape from the mother-cell wall, and swim away.’
- ‘Flagellar length in the unicellular, biflagellate, green alga Chlamydomonas reinhardtii is tightly regulated.’
- ‘The unicellular biflagellate green alga Chlamydomonas reinhardtii can perceive light and respond by altering its swimming behavior.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.