Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Having two flagella.‘various types of biflagellate spermatozoa’
- ‘Flagellar length in the unicellular, biflagellate, green alga Chlamydomonas reinhardtii is tightly regulated.’
- ‘It has been suggested that the small DNA amounts and low C-value variation are linked to the biflagellate nature of bryophyte sperm cells.’
- ‘Once the reproductive phase has been completed, the daughter cells differentiate as biflagellate cells, escape from the mother-cell wall, and swim away.’
- ‘The unicellular biflagellate green alga Chlamydomonas reinhardtii can perceive light and respond by altering its swimming behavior.’
- ‘Around 2000 biflagellate somatic cells are uniformly distributed over the surface of a transparent gelatinous sphere, with 16 larger asexual reproductive cells, known as gonidia, lying beneath the surface.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.