One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Functioning in two directions.
- ‘This bidirectional approach to the data allows the investigation of important issues while maintaining the primacy of the actual data.’
- ‘However, this leaves a problem, namely which gene in a pair of bidirectional protein-coding genes should we consider the sense gene and which the antisense?’
- ‘Error prevention features cannot be implemented easily without bidirectional connectivity.’
- ‘An edge, however, is bidirectional, meaning you can follow it in both directions.’
- ‘The integration of the two is quite good with regard to overall function and bidirectional data associativity.’
- ‘The link slave devices and the link controller include protocol logic for communication according to a bidirectional protocol.’
- ‘The types of communication from one subsystem to another may be unidirectional or bidirectional.’
- ‘The evidence for tidal influence arises from documentation of bidirectional cross-strata, tidal bundles, tidal rhythmites and periodic variation in foreset thickness.’
- ‘A single clone was then selected for complete bidirectional sequencing.’
- ‘As Web traffic is real-time and bidirectional, for example, delaying is not really possible.’
- ‘Stabilizing selection may yield bidirectional effects because an average individual in a population may sometimes be above and sometimes below an optimum for a character.’
- ‘However, the nature of the construct lends itself to a bidirectional measure: work interference with family and family interference with work.’
- ‘With programmability, bidirectional travel, speed, and accessories, the transport pallet can change paths with maximum flexibility.’
- ‘A dedicated wavelength pair for bidirectional transmission serves each node.’
- ‘It is highly likely that the relationship is bidirectional, with drug use playing a role in the commission of crimes and with crime reinforcing drug-using behavior.’
- ‘The device includes a therapy generator having a housing and electronics for conducting bidirectional communication with the patient.’
- ‘Paths through these networks are generally bidirectional, and the concept of a label must be abstracted to the particular technology being signaled.’
- ‘In order to provide stronger signals in both directions, a bidirectional amplifier is needed.’
- ‘The positions of sequences encoding homeodomains are shown by bidirectional arrows.’
- ‘The much broader climate change claim is bidirectional, and can include such non-temperature-related changes as frequency of storms, and even both droughts and floods.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.