Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for mitral valve
- ‘One-half of patients with bicuspid valves develop at least mild aortic stenosis by the age of 50 years.’
- ‘Calcified bicuspid valves and post inflammatory valves tend to occur in patients less than 70 years.’
- ‘About 10% of bicuspid valves become significantly narrowed, resulting in the symptoms and heart problems of aortic stenosis.’
- ‘Contraction of the right and left atria forces blood past the right tricuspid and left bicuspid valves into the right and left ventricles, respectively.’
- ‘Men with aortic stenosis due to bicuspid valves develop symptoms in their 40s and 50s.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.