- another term for mitral valve
- ‘Calcified bicuspid valves and post inflammatory valves tend to occur in patients less than 70 years.’
- ‘One-half of patients with bicuspid valves develop at least mild aortic stenosis by the age of 50 years.’
- ‘About 10% of bicuspid valves become significantly narrowed, resulting in the symptoms and heart problems of aortic stenosis.’
- ‘Men with aortic stenosis due to bicuspid valves develop symptoms in their 40s and 50s.’
- ‘Contraction of the right and left atria forces blood past the right tricuspid and left bicuspid valves into the right and left ventricles, respectively.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.