One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Convex on both sides.
- ‘The crystalline lens, which provides approximately 30% of the refractive power, is biconvex and has the ability to change its shape to increase or decrease its focusing power.’
- ‘The posterior chamber is separated from the vitreous body by a transparent biconvex lens.’
- ‘Their molds demonstrate that lenses were numerous, biconvex, hexagonal in outline and arranged in an hexagonal close-packing system.’
- ‘The Obolellids have a foliated, impunctate, biconvex shell.’
- ‘The described specimens are nearly equidimensional to slightly transverse in outline and moderately biconvex in profile.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.