One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The symbol of the Byzantine Empire (Bicipital Eagle) is also impressive. It is signifiable in the floor of the church.’
- ‘The Eagle never stopped unfurling its yellow insignia with the bicipital eagle, which according to tradition was given by Carlo V in person on one of his visits to Siena.’
- ‘He orders to raise in all the castles the bicipital eagle as his emblem.’
- ‘By contrast, one has just to think of the bicipital eagle, everywhere to be seen spreading its wings as the symbol of the age-long stability of imperial rule.’
- ‘A bicipital axe was a cultic physical object of the Minoan civilisation.’
2Relating to biceps.
- ‘The lower slip, after crossing the cords of the brachial plexus and axillary artery, passed deep to coracobrachialis and terminated by fusing with the tendons of latissimus dorsi and teres major in the bicipital groove.’
- ‘It is also known as the bicipital groove because it carries the tendon for the long head of the biceps brachii muscle.’
- ‘Diagnosis is usually made by eliciting pain with palpation of the tendon along the bicipital groove to its origin.’
- ‘Often, the thrower will complain of bicipital pain, occasionally referred to as ‘groove pain.’’
- ‘A sesamoid bone may develop in the bicipital tendon over the radial tuberosity.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.