One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A narrow strip of fabric cut obliquely and used to bind edges or for decoration.
- ‘I've repaired one or two using bias tape as a ‘patch.’’
- ‘Bind the edge with double-fold bias tape, foldover braid or ribbing.’
- ‘Bias tape may be purchased or you may make it yourself to match your garment.’
- ‘Finish front with bias tape, 1-1/2 inch wide grosgrain or fabric strip sewn to edges and turned into inside and stitched down creating a facing.’
- ‘The iron also is ideal for applying fusible bias tape before stitching it in place.’
bias tape/ˈbīəs ˈbīndiNG/
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.