One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a tire) having fabric layers with their threads running diagonally, crosswise to each other.Compare with radial
- ‘The company reports that the steel-belted radial tire, has a 30% longer life than a bias-ply tire.’
- ‘Previously, buyers had the option to select regular-size bias-ply tires for paved runways, or larger bias-ply tires for use on unimproved runways.’
- ‘Challenge attendees spent two days with experts who presented information on the latest advances in radial technology and seminars on radial versus bias-ply tire construction, soil compaction and tire durability.’
- ‘We riders must be aware of the two types of tire construction - the bias-ply and the radial.’
- ‘There is more flex and movement, more like you were on bias-ply tires.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.