(of a garment or fabric) cut obliquely or diagonally across the grain.
- ‘Remove the distortion accurately in a bias-cut garment by letting it hang over the dress form's shaped surface, rather than hanging flat from a clothes hanger.’
- ‘Crepe de chine drapes beautifully and works well for loose, bias-cut skirts, blouses and dresses.’
- ‘We covered cord with bias-cut strips of the cover fabric, but you can also buy braid or piping in a contrasting color.’
- ‘Gathered and elasticized waistlines, and full, bias-cut skirts also add some fullness.’
- ‘It's a rose-pink bias-cut cocktail dress with a cowl neckline, and little rose-pink beads scattered down the front.’