One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A member of an order of Theravada Buddhist nuns.
- ‘Now it is a women's temple where between ten and twenty bhikkhunis live.’
- ‘Women had more freedom and independence within the order of bhikkhunis than anywhere else in society.’
- ‘Likewise, the bhikkhuni order never made the demanding passage across the Himalayas into Tibet.’
- ‘The samaneri and bhikkhunis chose to wear purple robes which is a traditionally accepted forest color in Asia.’
- ‘The woman realized that she became a bhikkhuni only in her old age and that she must not be negligent, but must make use of the remaining period of her life to the utmost.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.