One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A member of an order of Theravada Buddhist nuns.
- ‘Likewise, the bhikkhuni order never made the demanding passage across the Himalayas into Tibet.’
- ‘The woman realized that she became a bhikkhuni only in her old age and that she must not be negligent, but must make use of the remaining period of her life to the utmost.’
- ‘The samaneri and bhikkhunis chose to wear purple robes which is a traditionally accepted forest color in Asia.’
- ‘Women had more freedom and independence within the order of bhikkhunis than anywhere else in society.’
- ‘Now it is a women's temple where between ten and twenty bhikkhunis live.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.