One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A Theravada Buddhist monk.
- ‘At the same time, we should keep an eye open for capable bhikkhus enrolled in these programmes who display the qualities needed to propagate the Dhamma in the West.’
- ‘One bhikkhu recounted how one day he was following a line of practitioners of various Buddhist traditions and noticed a lady was handing items to everyone.’
- ‘This occurs when the two bhikkhu brothers question the Buddha on the appropriateness of using local languages for the exposition of the dhamma.’
- ‘He understands that laypeople can practise the Dhamma, but he, as a bhikkhu, has many tasks to do which make it difficult to practise.’
- ‘The Buddha had clearly said that his religion depended on bhikkhus, bhikkhunis, upasakas, and upasikas.’
Pali, from Sanskrit bhikṣú ‘beg’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.