A devotional song.
- ‘He makes a living by teaching affluent housewives in Bombay how to sing devotional bhajans and ghazals.’
- ‘The cassette, which has 10 bhajans and songs, is the result of music therapy which her parents started on her at the age of four.’
- ‘Children will go around the Kapali temple singing songs and bhajans to begin the New Year.’
- ‘Today, right now, any time, you can tune in to the best of India's bhajans and discourses in the comfort and convenience of your own home on your own TV.’
- ‘Singing of devotional songs like bhajans has been one of the significant ceremonials at temples and other religious congregations.’
From Sanskrit bhajana, from bhaj ‘to honor, adore’.
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.