One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
To a great and astonishing extent.‘his face was swollen beyond description’
- ‘Wherever he went were piles of dust deep multiple inches deep, cobwebs of size beyond description, and heaps of rubble where the ceiling had collapsed or walls had caved in.’
- ‘This time, the nightmarish anxiety alone was beyond description.’
- ‘Seeing people's lives changed and transformed is both exciting and rewarding beyond description.’
- ‘Her kindness, warmth and gentle nature went beyond description.’
- ‘And I'm certainly not worried about being in England - to be honest, I'm excited beyond description.’
- ‘‘The thrill, the mad delirium of being free is beyond description,’ he writes.’
- ‘The sight was magnificent beyond description.’
- ‘What happened next is almost beyond description, but I'll do my best.’
- ‘However, due to limited mobility, any entertainment that comes to them brings pleasure beyond description.’
- ‘It's a tragedy beyond description and I want the full country and the medical profession to realise just how dreadful this whole story is.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.