One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
See bewilderingas submodifier ‘the regulations are bewilderingly complex’
- ‘Not only are financial products bewilderingly complex, advisors are relying on the wrong people to guide them.’
- ‘But a simple request for a list of the 40 cyclists who have been prevented from racing for excessive haematocrit levels since 1997 produced a bewilderingly response.’
- ‘There are other failures: the plot is bewilderingly complicated, condensed, and foreshortened.’
- ‘Distances even to the nearest star - it takes a beam of light four whole years - are bewilderingly large.’
- ‘Drawn pages were on display as artworks, in their original size so that one could get up close and examine the often bewilderingly intricate line work.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.