One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An adrenergic receptor in the sympathetic nervous system, stimulation of which results especially in increased cardiac activity.
- ‘Stimulation of a beta receptor causes muscle vasodilation, bronchial relaxation, and cardiac acceleration.’
- ‘Each alpha and beta receptor elicits a unique response from different body organs when stimulated by catecholamines.’
- ‘Researchers would like to further their investigation into the role of the beta receptor by studying women already undergoing fertility treatment.’
- ‘Blocking the impact of norepinephrine by blocking beta receptors would, in theory, block the adverse affects of norepinephrine.’
- ‘Its most prominent actions are on the beta receptors of the heart, vascular muscles, and other smooth muscles.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.