Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An adrenergic receptor in the sympathetic nervous system, stimulation of which results especially in increased cardiac activity.
- ‘Researchers would like to further their investigation into the role of the beta receptor by studying women already undergoing fertility treatment.’
- ‘Its most prominent actions are on the beta receptors of the heart, vascular muscles, and other smooth muscles.’
- ‘Blocking the impact of norepinephrine by blocking beta receptors would, in theory, block the adverse affects of norepinephrine.’
- ‘Stimulation of a beta receptor causes muscle vasodilation, bronchial relaxation, and cardiac acceleration.’
- ‘Each alpha and beta receptor elicits a unique response from different body organs when stimulated by catecholamines.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.