One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An adrenergic receptor in the sympathetic nervous system, stimulation of which results especially in increased cardiac activity.
- ‘Researchers would like to further their investigation into the role of the beta receptor by studying women already undergoing fertility treatment.’
- ‘Stimulation of a beta receptor causes muscle vasodilation, bronchial relaxation, and cardiac acceleration.’
- ‘Its most prominent actions are on the beta receptors of the heart, vascular muscles, and other smooth muscles.’
- ‘Blocking the impact of norepinephrine by blocking beta receptors would, in theory, block the adverse affects of norepinephrine.’
- ‘Each alpha and beta receptor elicits a unique response from different body organs when stimulated by catecholamines.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.