Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Commercial or professional procedures that are accepted or prescribed as being correct or most effective.‘the proprietors are keen to ensure best practice in food preparation, storage, and serving’
- ‘Now reputable companies are applying the same best practices, creating a win-win environment.’
- ‘There are three innovations that follows the international best practices that I strongly supported turned out to be failure.’
- ‘His work on attitudinal dynamics is global best-practice.’
- ‘Irish banking and Irish regulatory practice can now, if we seize this opportunity, move towards the forefront of international best-practice.’
- ‘The country needs a modern and efficient trade tax system that incorporates the international best practices.’
- ‘"The absolute best practice in a merger is to use the technology you have," he says.’
- ‘Scott joins us to discuss the sometimes difficult path of bringing web standards and best-practices into businesses, in Corporate Web Standards.’
- ‘Ireland gets top marks in the macroeconomic best practice.’
- ‘Similarly, ODC has the potential to radically change our prevailing expectations of accomplishment and "best-practices" for both consumers and corporations.’
- ‘"The company is applying best-practice in all aspects of its relationship with its employees at every level of the organisation," he said.’
- ‘The research is too sparse to anoint a single best practice with anything like a cost-benefit efficiency rating.’
- ‘A full-range of classes that will target all aspects of art and framing, from trends to best-practices, are planned.’
- ‘This is in line with the international best practices.’
- ‘Cooper writes that blocking the vulnerable ports used by Windows networking protocols is standard best-practice among diligent BOFHs.’
- ‘The bill is about putting in place international best-practice, risk management programmes, from the teat of the cow to the export market.’
- ‘The Johnson Controls Inc. acquisition of Prince Corp. became an industry best-practice where JCI gained access to the innovation engine at Prince.’
- ‘I also spent a lot of time with other technology executives whom I viewed as best-practice in some slice of what they did.’
- ‘The essence of SCM as a commercial best practice can be summed up in a simple word - collaboration.’
- ‘For instance, HP recently employed CMII as a company-wide best practice to leverage the benefits to process and efficiency.’
- ‘He said the company will continue to have dialogue with employees to ensure the survival of the business and to introduce best-practice into every area.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.