One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The chemical element of atomic number 4, a hard gray metal.
Beryllium is the lightest of the alkaline earth metals, and its chief source is the mineral beryl. It is used in the manufacture of light corrosion-resistant alloys and in windows in X-ray equipment
- ‘The reactive elements contained in alloys such as magnesium, strontium, sodium, calcium, beryllium, and titanium are also factors in oxide formation.’
- ‘The presence of alloying elements such as beryllium, chromium, silicon, and aluminum modifies the nature of the oxide, making it more tenacious.’
- ‘The most important precipitation-hardening reactions are obtained with beryllium, chromium, boron, nickel, silicon, and zirconium.’
- ‘Her history included a relatively short period of exposure to a mixture of silica, hard metal, and beryllium.’
- ‘Elements such as lead, tellurium, beryllium, chromium, phosphorus, and manganese have little or no effect on the corrosion resistance of coppers and binary copper-zinc alloys.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.