One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A white-flowered clover. Native to Egypt and Syria, it is an established forage plant in the southern US.Also called Egyptian clover
- ‘Although berseem clover grows well on a variety of soils, it prefers a medium-loam soil that is slightly alkaline.’
- ‘The advantage of berseem clover over other clovers and alfalfa is its fast winter-growth rate.’
- ‘In the lower south, berseem clover can also be seeded in October for growth as a winter crop.’
- ‘The berseem clover is too aggressive and will likely hurt the alfalfa stand underneath.’
- ‘Unlike most commonly grown annual clovers, berseem clover is quite tolerant of wet soils and also alkaline soils.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.