One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A white-flowered clover. Native to Egypt and Syria, it is an established forage plant in the southern US.
Trifolium alexandrinum, family LeguminosaeAlso called Egyptian clover
- ‘In the lower south, berseem clover can also be seeded in October for growth as a winter crop.’
- ‘Although berseem clover grows well on a variety of soils, it prefers a medium-loam soil that is slightly alkaline.’
- ‘Unlike most commonly grown annual clovers, berseem clover is quite tolerant of wet soils and also alkaline soils.’
- ‘The advantage of berseem clover over other clovers and alfalfa is its fast winter-growth rate.’
- ‘The berseem clover is too aggressive and will likely hurt the alfalfa stand underneath.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.