Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A white-flowered clover. Native to Egypt and Syria, it is an established forage plant in the southern US.Also called Egyptian clover
- ‘The advantage of berseem clover over other clovers and alfalfa is its fast winter-growth rate.’
- ‘Unlike most commonly grown annual clovers, berseem clover is quite tolerant of wet soils and also alkaline soils.’
- ‘In the lower south, berseem clover can also be seeded in October for growth as a winter crop.’
- ‘The berseem clover is too aggressive and will likely hurt the alfalfa stand underneath.’
- ‘Although berseem clover grows well on a variety of soils, it prefers a medium-loam soil that is slightly alkaline.’
berseem clover/bərˌsēm ˈklōvər/
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.