One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A large dog with a black, white, and tan coat, of a breed originating in Switzerland.
- ‘Nowadays, Bernese Mountain Dogs are sometimes harnessed to little wooden carts to enable them to give rides to small children.’
- ‘Though appearing square, Bernese Mountain Dogs are slightly longer in body than they are tall.’
- ‘Bernese mountain dogs are lovely to live with and fit in well with the family.’
- ‘In the canine world, a blaze is a stunning showing of white fur on the chest of a Bernese mountain dog.’
- ‘At the beginning of the twentieth century the numbers had dwindled considerably and it was only through particular care in breeding that the Bernese Mountain dog was maintained.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.