One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A variety of cultivated onion with a mild flavor and a flattened shape.
- ‘Medallions of chicken sautéed in butter with mushrooms, prosciutto and Bermuda onions finished in a marsala wine sauce.’
- ‘Heirloom tomatoes, Bermuda onions, avocado and basil tossed in a vinaigrette with toasted crostini 9.’
- ‘Most of this Bermuda onion seed came from the Canary Islands.’
- ‘Topped with Jack cheese, fresh guacamole, leaf lettuce, mayonnaise, ripe tomato, and Bermuda onion.’
- ‘The Bermuda onion, which was once so common that the people of Bermuda were called ‘onions’ is used in many Bermudan recipes, including onion pie and Bermuda onion soup.’
- ‘Smoked turkey in a sun-dried tomato wrap with lettuce, sprouts, tomatoes, Bermuda onions and Cape Cod cranberry chutney.’
- ‘There's a half a Bermuda onion in the crisper, if you don't mind.’
- ‘Chopped mushrooms, sliced egg, tomato wedges and sweet Bermuda onion on a bed of fresh spinach.’
- ‘Bob Marlins also serves a peanut butter and Bermuda onion sandwich.’
- ‘Fresh shrimp, scallops, octopus and calamari marinated in our citrus dressing with Bermuda onions, cilantro and olive oil.’
- ‘Crispy greens, Bermuda onions, tomatoes, cucumbers and our corn and black bean relish.’
- ‘In her holds, the ship carried the first major consignment of Bermuda onions ever to be exported for sale.’
- ‘Tomato, cucumber, avocado, Bermuda onions, sprouts, lettuce, cream cheese and Swiss cheese on your choice of bread.’
- ‘Slices of fresh cucumber, Roma tomatoes and Bermuda onion in a seasoned sweet rice wine vinegar.’
- ‘Lettuce, tomato, sliced Bermuda onion, mayonnaise and your choice of Cheddar, Mozzarella, Swiss, or Pepper Jack’
- ‘Seasoned & grilled salmon perched atop a bed of fresh greens with tomatoes, Bermuda onions, black olives & asiago cheese.’
- ‘Chopped bacon, pecans, Bermuda onions, sliced mushrooms, crumbled feta cheese and currants tossed in rice wine vinaigrette and marinated chicken breast.’
- ‘Breast tenders along with fresh red and green peppers, Bermuda onions, and cilantro in a tequila lime cream sauce.’
- ‘Slices of beef steak tomato on green leaf lettuce accompanied by sliced Bermuda onion and crumbled bleu cheese.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.