Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A semipermanent area of high pressure located over Bermuda in summer and fall that steers many storm systems westward across the Atlantic.Compare with Azores High
- ‘The jet stream also aided the Bermuda High in steering major storm systems well to the north of Virginia.’
- ‘The Bermuda High can stretch more than 2,000 miles across and rise thousands of feet into the atmosphere.’
- ‘Tropical storms typically form south of the Bermuda High and move westward.’
- ‘The Bermuda High is an area of high pressure that forms over the Atlantic Ocean during the hurricane season.’
- ‘If the Bermuda High occurs north and west of its normal location, drought can occur.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.