One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Counseling intended to help people who have been bereaved to cope with their grief.
- ‘It will be managed by a paediatric nurse specialising in bereavement counselling.’
- ‘We don't get any training in bereavement counselling—I've had pupils breaking down in tears in the classroom.’
- ‘But that is easier than going to bereavement counselling.’
- ‘We have bereavement counselling in the NHS.’
- ‘"I was basically doing bereavement counselling for a whole crew," recalls Smith.’
- ‘He stresses the need for proper support in times of need, i.e. bereavement counselling and so on.’
- ‘An information evening set for Tuesday September 7 will be followed by a full training course in bereavement counselling on Tuesday evenings, starting on September 14.’
- ‘Adults may end up benefiting from psychotherapy, bereavement counselling, and if necessary antidepressant medication.’
- ‘She received bereavement counselling and, he said, his mother appeared to be coming to terms with his father's death.’
- ‘The Health Board has a phone number for those who need to talk about bereavement counselling.’
- ‘The social impact that the communities are making is extensive and covers everything from lunch clubs and childcare, to bereavement counselling and financial advice.’
- ‘Formal bereavement counselling or contact with a specialist organisation may be appropriate.’
- ‘She is also recently widowed and is trying to get over losing her husband with the help of bereavement counselling, which she had just attended at Sutton Hospital.’
- ‘It also offers special support for siblings, parents and the extended family as well as bereavement counselling.’
- ‘Stages of grieving are well established and recognised in bereavement counselling.’
- ‘Her mother had died in 1998 after failing to recover from surgery and she began to receive bereavement counselling.’
- ‘They also enable the provision of other services such as bereavement counselling, career guidance and youth services.’
- ‘The court heard he had been "severely depressed" while committing the offence and had received bereavement counselling after the death of his son in custody.’
- ‘They also provide bereavement counselling which helps families come to terms with the trauma.’
- ‘Three groups from Newbridge have received grants to provide marriage, child and bereavement counselling at their premises.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.