One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An antibacterial ingredient used in acne medications.
- ‘Topical antibiotics commonly are used in conjunction with retinoids or benzoyl peroxide in patients with any degree of inflammatory acne.’
- ‘Topical preparations of the antibiotics erythromycin or clindamycin are safe choices even during pregnancy, as is benzoyl peroxide, an antibacterial agent that also dries the skin.’
- ‘Dry the feet, then rub on a small amount of any generic brand of acne treatment cream containing 10 percent benzoyl peroxide.’
- ‘Patients with mild inflammatory acne should be started on a twice-daily regimen of an antibacterial agent such as benzoyl peroxide, azelaic acid or a topical antibiotic.’
- ‘Treatment is similar to that of mild acne, consisting of topical benzoyl peroxide.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.