One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A yellow crystalline compound related to benzene but having two hydrogen atoms replaced by oxygen.
- ‘The chemical compound quinone, or 1,4 - benzoquinone, is a unicyclic, or ring phenolic compound.’
- ‘Our previous results indicated that cytochrome P450 destruction by benzene metabolites was caused mainly by benzoquinone.’
- ‘In all experiments the algae were treated with benzoquinone, to inhibit metabolic activity in the chloroplast and to maintain an oxidized plastoquinone pool.’
- ‘The solution of benzoquinone is prepared immediately before the demonstration (the solution decomposes in hours).’
- ‘Occupational exposure to para-benzoquinone dioxime probably occurs during its manufacture, its use as a rubber vulcanizing agent and its conversion to chemical derivatives.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.