One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A yellow crystalline compound related to benzene but having two hydrogen atoms replaced by oxygen.
- ‘The solution of benzoquinone is prepared immediately before the demonstration (the solution decomposes in hours).’
- ‘The chemical compound quinone, or 1,4 - benzoquinone, is a unicyclic, or ring phenolic compound.’
- ‘Our previous results indicated that cytochrome P450 destruction by benzene metabolites was caused mainly by benzoquinone.’
- ‘Occupational exposure to para-benzoquinone dioxime probably occurs during its manufacture, its use as a rubber vulcanizing agent and its conversion to chemical derivatives.’
- ‘In all experiments the algae were treated with benzoquinone, to inhibit metabolic activity in the chloroplast and to maintain an oxidized plastoquinone pool.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.