Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A crystalline base used in making dyes and in detecting blood stains.
- ‘But that doesn't mean that everyone who has bladder cancer has been exposed to benzidine - not many people ever are these days.’
- ‘Besides luminol, we have many other type of chemicals such as teramethal benzidine.’
- ‘This listing is based on the fact that benzidine, which has been listed in the Report since 1980, is a known human carcinogen and once absorbed, these benzidine-based dyes are converted to free benzidine in humans.’
- ‘The hybridization pattern indicates the genotype of the sample and is visualized using streptavidin-peroxidase and tetramethyl benzidine.’
- ‘A recent report on a study of a cohort of Chinese workers exposed to benzidine is informative.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.