One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Drink alcohol.‘it didn't take long before we were all bending our elbows at the bar’
- ‘He was jovial, and bent his elbow frequently.’
- ‘For the next thirty minutes Darren bent his elbow with the fluency of a gypsy fiddler while the others admired his strong drinking.’
- ‘He sat at the bar bending his elbow until the place closed at one o'clock.’
- ‘Since Hemingway bent his elbow here, the bar has become de rigueur.’
- ‘Sometimes he bent his elbow in the company of other convivial fellows, and drank toasts which he would not have liked his wife and daughters to hear.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.