Work carried out at a bench in a laboratory or workshop.
- ‘Laboratory benchwork is planned so that resident acquires a research technique that he or she may continue to explore throughout his or her career.’
- ‘The august body, whose members had long abandoned benchwork, was speechless in wonder that he still did experiments with his own hands.’
- ‘First- and second-year medical students participated in case studies, clinical research projects, and laboratory benchwork, but participation significantly increased during the third and fourth years.’
- ‘The position will include laboratory benchwork and significant animal work.’
- ‘It provides machined finishes so that the EDMing and benchwork on dies and molds can be virtually eliminated.’