One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A company that does a large percentage of its business as a federal government contractor.
- ‘And clearly, the EU path, in some form or another is the world of the future whatever the Beltway bandits think.’
- ‘But he wasn't a Beltway bandit either - which was a big part of his appeal.’
- ‘These days, most A - 76 experts generally aren't working in government; they work for Beltway bandits.’
- ‘As Fuller points out, much of the expansion in government programs takes place among the so-called ‘Beltway bandits,’ companies that contract out with the federal leviathan.’
- ‘‘I don't want to give the impression that the new Microdyne will be a Beltway bandit,’ Jalbert said.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.