One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person's navel.
- ‘Your arms should be bent at a comfortable angle, with hands in loose fists and below the belly button.’
- ‘I began to panic from the ripping pains in my stomach from the belly button down.’
- ‘Keep your torso stable, and continue pulling your belly button in while breathing normally.’
- ‘This produced a scar that stretches from hip to hip and a new belly button.’
- ‘I don't want the area from my waist to my belly button exposed to the harsh cold wind.’
- ‘Squeeze your buttocks, draw your belly button to your spine and tilt your pelvis.’
- ‘Worn on all parts of the body, face, back, belly button or ankle, the crystal tattoo will last on the skin for several days.’
- ‘She is nude and the image shows her body from her belly button to her knees.’
- ‘She asked me to picture Mother Earth holding me and rocking me and had me hold my hand over my belly button.’
- ‘She turned sideways and stared at her stomach and felt the smooth skin around her belly button.’
- ‘She had pale skin, and her belly button twirled inward, while mine buttoned out on my tummy.’
- ‘Most want ear or nose piercings, although a few prefer to have their belly button or genitals pierced.’
- ‘Now rotate your hips so your belly button is pointing in the opposite direction of the extended arm.’
- ‘As I finish the inward sweep to my belly button, my hands turn out and push back.’
- ‘Teach the client to visualize pulling the belly button towards the spine.’
- ‘Her body was completely opened up, from the belly button up to her neck.’
- ‘Another traditional Chinese medical method is to apply a herbal paste to the belly button so that its essence can be absorbed there.’
- ‘Eschewing low rise is one thing, but jeans should not cover your belly button.’
- ‘She placed her hand across her chest, above her belly button and away from the gauze bandage.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.